About Red Clay's Design Community
Red Clay’s design community consists of over 500 designers from around the world. Our designers are personally reviewed and vetted by Red Clay's co-founder, Ashley Etling, who boasts an impressive background in design herself. They cover a range of styles and specialties, so you're guaranteed to find what you're looking for.
When reviewing a designer’s portfolio application, three distinct criteria are taken into account. Designers must represent an exceptional level of quality in, not only great design, but also the feasibility and marketability of their work.
In order to satisfy these criteria, a designer's portfolio must show:
- a skillful execution of the key elements and principles of design. These include, but are not limited to: line, shape, size, texture, color, value, balance, harmony and contrast.
- experience with designing for manufacturability. They may provide an example of a design of theirs that has been mass produced.
- outstanding attention to every detail and a fresh perspective on what the market needs today, and in the future.
If a designer can meet all of these requirements, they must finally show that they will be a good fit for our core customer. Not only do our designers deliver exceptional design work, they deliver the right design for you.
To better understand who you’ll be connected with when you use the Red Clay platform, take a look through some samples of our designers’ portfolios.
- Graphic / Textile Designer
- San Francisco, CA
- Founder and Designer of Maika Goods
Think & Shift
- Industrial / Furniture Designers
- Aukland, New Zealand
- Award-winning team of designers who work as a unit on the Red Clay platform
- Industrial / Lighting Designer
- Sydney, NSW, Australia
- Has designed culinary tools for celebrity chefs including Jamie Oliver and Kylie Kwong
- Packaging / Graphic Designer
- London, UK
- Has worked with Unilever, S. Pellegrino, SAB Miller, Peroni and more
- Furniture / Lighting Designer
- Belgrade, Serbia
- Attended design high school, holds a BA in industrial design and is currently working towards an MA in furniture design.
- Industrial / Furniture Designer
- Pilsen, Czech Republic
- "I like to eliminate the unnecessary and refine the necessary. That is design."
Maia Ming Fong
- Industrial Designer
- Barcelona, Spain
- Degree in Product Design Engineering from Stanford University
- Graphic Designer
- St. Louis, MO
- Founder of Cheree Berry Paper
- Packaging Designer
- Long Beach, CA
- "Minimalist at heart."
Great to meet another visionary!
Fill out these basic account details and let's get you started on the platform.
Once you kick-off your project, you'll be introduced to our great designers and creativity can commence.
Thank you for your interest in joining the Red Clay Design Community.
Applying to our community is simple and only takes a few minutes.
First, give us a little information about yourself, and then share some images of your best work. We’ll take a look and get back to you soon.
We're excited to see what you can do!